Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Miss Tourism Zimbabwe, Vanessa Sibanda shone in Germany

Former Miss Tourism Zimbabwe, Vanessa Sibanda shone in Germany on Wednesday evening where she was crowned second runner-up for the Top Model of the World contest.

The event was held in Usedom, a Baltic Sea island on the border between Poland and Germany.
Sibanda was among the stunning top models from around the World who travelled to Germany on March 3.

Last week, she managed to showcase Zimbabwean beauty and landed into the top 16 out of 46 contestants.

She did not stop there as the 16 further competed at the Berlin Gala for the Top Model of the World title.

Loredana Salanta, a student and marketing director from Romania clinched the Miss Top Model of the World 2010 title followed by Katerina Fedosejeva, a singer from Baltic Islands who was the first runner-up.
Sibanda, who is also an emerging singer, then managed to settle for the second runner-up position.

For being the second runner-up, Sibanda walked away with a modelling contract from the World Beauty Organisation (WBO), the organisers of the event, plus cash and jewellery.

In an exclusive interview with StandardLife&Style Sibanda said she was excited about her latest achievement.

“The competition was stiff but I am grateful to God for taking me this far as I managed to be the second runner-up.

“I am very excited as this is a great achievement for me,” Sibanda said.

She added that she had always prayed for the moment when the world would appreciate the beauty and talent in Zimbabwe.

“I am happy that my prayers have been answered.

“This once happened in 1994 when Angeline Musasiwa was crowned the fourth runner-up at the Miss World contest and I am glad I have put the country on the map again.

“Every time I was on the ramp I felt like I was representing every model in my beloved Zimbabwe.”
The show, which is now in its 18th edition, is the largest Top Model pageant in the world.

The contest is open to women aged between 17 and 26 years.

Last year, Carolina Rodriguez from Bogota Colombia walked away with the crown.

Each year, the contesting models spend at least 10 days in Germany, visiting some of the popular cities and tourist destinations.

Sibanda was Miss Tourism Zimbabwe for 2009 and she did well at the Miss World contest in South Africa last year when she came out 12th.

She is currently based at a South African modelling agency.